The Government has announced that anyone in England with coronavirus symptoms over 5 can now be tested.
Further information on accessing the service is available here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Apply for a test here: https://self-referral.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/test-type
Northamptonshire Chamber Covid-19 Helpline for businesses: 01604 490414.
Businesses in need of help and guidance can also contact the Government's Business Support Helpline for free advice on 0300456 3565, or visit this page.
Businesses - Volunteering
If you think your business may be able to assist in the response to coronavirus, you can register your details on the Government website here.
The types of support needed include:
- medical testing equipment
- medical equipment design
- protective equipment for healthcare workers, such as masks, gowns and sanitiser
- hotel rooms
- transport and logistics, for moving goods or people
- manufacturing equipment
- warehouse or office space, for medical use or storage
- expertise or support on IT, manufacturing, construction, project management, procurement, engineering or communications
- social care or childcare
The Government has produced an update to the specification for any manufacturers seeking to make ventilators.
For more details visit this link:
Advice for people with asthma
Advice for people with cancer
Advice for people with cystic fibrosis
Advice for people with diabetes
Advice for people with heart or circulatory disease
Advice for people with lung conditions
Mental Health Helplines
Turn2us (practical information and support for people facing financial crisis) - 0808 802 2000. The charity's website (turn2us.org.uk) includes:
- Benefits Calculator so that people can work out what they are eligible for (coronavirus updated)
- Grants Search – containing over 1,700 charitable grants (searchable by profession, health condition, location and age)
- Information on benefits and grants (including additional rights due to coronavirus)
National Domestic Abuse Helpline- 0808 2000 247 (run by Refuge) and online www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk.
You can find frequently updated advice on a range of issues related to the Coronavirus outbreak at citizensadvice.org.uk/coronavirus (compensation, legal queries etc). Citizen's Advice also continue to offer advice over the telephone on 03444 111 444, or you can chat with an advisor on their website.
HMRC: 0800 015 9559
Universal Credit: 0800 328 5644
NHS: 111 - only call this number if you cannot get help online at 111.nhs.uk. Do not visit your GP or attend hospital if you believe you have coronavirus. Do not call 999 unless your situation is a medical emergency.
Ventilator Manufacturing: 0300 456 3565
Local GP Surgeries (Patient Assistance):
Saxon Spires Surgery have a coronavirus information page for patients here.