I hope you are all planning some exciting events for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on 2nd June! To celebrate the momentous occasion, I am inviting primary school pupils in the constituency to take part in a photography competition titled “What my community means to me”.
The winning photograph will be used for the front of the card I send to the Queen!
The photographs are an opportunity to celebrate:
- Our beautiful countryside and all it has to offer
- Is there a favourite spot which holds a special memory for you, whether it be a hidden gem, a view or somewhere you like to go for a walk or bike ride
- Community activities you participate in
- Are you a member of a local scout group or sports club?
- A significant event or landmark that connects to your community
- Maybe your local church or your favourite tree to climb?
This is a great opportunity to explore your local area, try your hand at photography and capture through a lens what your community means to you!
Please email your entries to me at email@example.com before Sunday 22nd May and I will announce the winner on Friday 27th May.