The Prime Minister today attended the CBI Conference today where he set out our offer to businesses. Conservatives know that by providing a dynamic economy where businesses and small businesses can thrive, we will attract investment into this country, and generate the money we meed fund our vital public services. That's why today, we've announced that a Conservative majority government will:
- Launch a fundamental review of business rates so we can deliver on businesses concerns and reduce the overall burden on business.
- Cut jobs taxes for more than half a million businesses by raising the Employment Allowance from £3,000 to £4,000.
- Provide tax relief on the purchase, building or leasing of a structure which will boost business investment.
- Boost private sector Research and Development investment by increasing the R&D tax credit rate from 12 per cent to 13 per cent.
With a Conservative majority government you can be sure we will Get Brexit Done and leave with the new deal that is already agreed – ending the uncertainty and confusion that has paralysed our economy. In stark contrast, Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour would:
- Spend recklessly, damage our economy and hit people in the pocket. He will put up taxes by £2400 a year for everyone to fund his spending spree.
- Subject us to another two referendums – one on Brexit and one on Scotland, causing more chaos, uncertainty and delay for business.
Even the Director-General of the CBI, Carolyn Fairbairn yesterday said that Labour’s policies will ‘freeze investment’ and ‘crack the foundations of our economy’.