People are being invited to have their say on the proposals announced in Northamptonshire County Council’s draft budget for 2019/20.
The proposals include investment in council owned assets, reducing spend on external contracts and stabilising services that are fit for the future as well as a council tax increase of 2.99% and savings totalling £42.9m.
The draft budget was approved by Cabinet on Tuesday (11 December) and is now subject to public consultation, in which members of the public and other stakeholders can give their feedback.
People can take part in the consultation in the following ways:
- Completing the online survey at: www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/draftbudget
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to Draft Budget Consultation, Consultation, Equalities and Accessibility Team, BIPM, Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED
- Using social media: Tweeting @mycountycouncil or posting comments on the county council Facebook page www.facebook.com/mycountycouncil
- Customer and user groups will also be able to hold their own discussions by using the information available on the draft budget and council plan consultation webpage and sending back the feedback form
The consultation will end on Wednesday 23rd January 2019.