It's important that volunteering efforts are carried out safely and responsibly, to maintain hygiene standards and minimise transmission risk. More information about safety can be found on the Government website here.
British Red Cross
You can sign up to volunteer with the British Red Cross in your local area by following this link.
Anyone wishing to volunteer in the Daventry District can get in touch with Carella Davies at Daventry Volunteer Centre, on 01327 300 614.
A dedicated volunteering area on Northamptonshire County Council’s website has now launched, and provides information about volunteering areas, as well as a facility for people to register their offer of support online. You can also register by calling 0300 126 1000 or by emailing CommunityResilience@northamptonshire.gov.uk.
Help is particularly required in the areas below, but all offers of support will be considered.
- Tackling loneliness – people can feel isolated and particularly vulnerable during this period of uncertainty and we want to provide support for them either through phone or face-to-face contact where appropriate.
- Collecting prescriptions – people who are unable to leave the house may be concerned about their medication and we want to find volunteers who can help with local prescription pick-ups.
- Community support – keeping our county’s foodbanks stocked is of high importance and we need support transporting food items and helping out in kitchens.
if you are vulnerable, and need help in Northamptonshire, you can call the Northamptonshire Community Resilience Service's hotline on the following number: 0300 126 1000 (option 5). Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think your business may be able to assist in the response to coronavirus, you can register your details on the Government website here.
The types of support needed include:
- medical testing equipment
- medical equipment design
- protective equipment for healthcare workers, such as masks, gowns and sanitiser
- hotel rooms
- transport and logistics, for moving goods or people
- manufacturing equipment
- warehouse or office space, for medical use or storage
- expertise or support on IT, manufacturing, construction, project management, procurement, engineering or communications
- social care or childcare